Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Coming Down the Pike

Here we come...fast and furious to the end of the grading period. This means we are running around like headless chickens, trying to track down our long TOR list kids--trying to get them caught up on missing assignments and test, all in a desperate attempt to see passing grades on those good ole report cards. What a busy time for our resource room! Today I had to smile, when in the midst of massive piles of papers and books, and in a flurry of activity with anxious students all around me, one young lady came in to give me a dessert she made in Foods class. She proudly handed me the foil-covered plate and grinned. I opened it to find what I imagine once was a piece of chocolate pudding pie--now runny and swimming on the styrofoam plate. She timidly stated that it "just didn't look right" but it might still be good anyway.

Folks, sometimes, that's all it takes. Tuesday mornings can be crazy. So crazy that I might say, they "just don't look right"--but come around to find that they might still be good anyway. :)

No comments: